Friday, June 29, 2012

The finish line

I hate the 'polishing the mix(es)' phase at the end of the music production cycle.  Okay, I don't hate it...there are exciting elements to it, in that the end is in sight, and soon people will actually be able to hear what I've been working on...but I do find it pretty painful.  This is mainly because I never finish a song to my satisfaction...it's always short of the ideal I hear in my mind.  Rather, I just keep making smaller and smaller tweaks until everything I'm doing is making it sound slightly different, rather than slightly better...at that point, I throw in the towel, and while I'm confident I've made the best music I possibly can, it always feels like I'm compromising.  Alright, that's enough moping...time to finish album.

No comments:

Post a Comment